1. Is trade perceived largely by the public as positive in terms of cheaper goods and services, or is it seen as a threat to jobs?
2. Are certain sectors more exposed to competition from overseas competitors?
3. Has the government introduced any sector/industry specific support to shield domestic producers?
4. Have there been calls to introduce protectionist measures in any sectors?
5. Is there effective access to trade finance and credit insurance?
6. Do exporting SMEs have access to credit guarantees?
7. What policy work is done in identifying where the economy has comparative advantages which will enable export-driven growth to take hold?
8. Does the EO have the ability to measure performance in different sectors through its sectoral membership?
9. Are there incentives for investment in export diversification such as tax breaks, etc.?
10. How do the following issues impact on exporting/importing sectors:
- export taxes; Positive Negative
- price controls; Positive Negative
- import quotas; Positive Negative
- import tariffs; Positive Negative
- import licensing; Positive Negative
- export incentive schemes; Positive Negative
11. Do enterprises have a clear understanding of the trade agreements that are in place between your country and countries you export with?
12. In your view, are many domestic enterprises reliant on the domestic market only because they feel they lack the capacity to export, i.e. dealing with licences, regulations, etc.?
13. What types of bottlenecks do exporters find most constraining?
14. Is there sufficient information for exporters and importers on trading procedures, tariffs, and duties and taxes?
15. Is there a smooth flow of information pertaining to export and import markets?
16. Is it easy to access up to date information on tariffs applied by receiving countries?
17. Are customs officials fully aware of all trade agreements and their implications? Are there practical ways to keep officials up to date?
18. Are there efficient and transparent customs procedures to facilitate importing and exporting enterprises?
19. Is getting the necessary certificates of origin and other essential documentation a straightforward and cost-effective process?
20. Is the time to clear goods (exports and imports) through customs excessive?
PRODUCT STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
21. Are product standards and certifications utilized as protectionist measures on key export markets or potential export markets?
22. Can foreign business people easily enter the country?
23. Is securing visas to enable business people to travel for commercial purposes difficult?
24. Is the infrastructure which enables efficient export and import of goods and products sufficient?